Friday, February 17, 2012

Long John Silver and my new Twitter profile photo


Shiver me timbers....

For those of you who made an association between copywriters and pirates, shame on you. There's a simple story how my new Twitter photo came about.

A few years ago, I was spending the Sukkos holiday with my daughter in Israel. My son-in-law was pet-sitting his friend's parrot.

The parrot needed to exercise once a day. So they had to let it out of the cage to fly around the apartment. The funny thing is that the bird took a liking to me... probably because I fed it and talked to it. So when it got out of the cage it went right for me and sat on my shoulder. The other day, I remembered the photo and thought it would be perfect for my Twitter profile.

The rest of the story: A few days later, I was on the phone with my lawyer in NY about some legal issue and I was getting upset. All of a sudden the parrot landed on my yarmulke and started pecking on my forehead. I was about to freak out altogether. Then, another part of my psyche kicked in. I started cracking up laughing.

"Mordechai...What's the matter?!" The lawyer was getting worried.


I told him, "A little bird told me not to take this so seriously!"

No comments:

Post a Comment