Sunday, November 06, 2011

Why to hire a copywriter

When I wrote my post on Mel Martin's Fascinations, I included a link to an article on Mel Martin by Denny Hatch, copywriter, direct mail archivist, editor, and author.

In another article, Hatch takes out after marketers who should know better, but still skimp on professional copywriting. He writes:
I once had a client...who thought very little of copywriters. "Just create some verbiage," he used to say with a dismissive wave. I was reminded of an old story:

"What do you do?" a guy at a cocktail party was asked.

"I'm a brain surgeon," was the reply. "What do you do?"

"I'm a writer."

"Ah," said the brain surgeon. "I've often thought that when I retire I'd like to try some writing."

"And when I retire," said the writer, "I plan to try a little brain surgery."
Read the rest at "Professional copywriters are worth their weight in gold"

No comments:

Post a Comment