Thursday, July 12, 2007

Is blogging a waste of time?

Hoo boy! Now I'm really going to get in trouble with the blogerati! But you have to read this one.

Is it a waste of time to try promoting yourself by blogging?

Seth Godin sees blogs as the Electronic Grail. But usability expert Jakob Nielsen is also an Internet force to be reckoned with. And here's his advice to those who want to be recognized as experts and thought leaders:
To demonstrate world-class expertise, avoid quickly written, shallow postings. Instead, invest your time in thorough, value-added content that attracts paying customers.
Read Nielsen's whole article: Write Articles, Not Blog Postings Then let me know what you think. (I can just see Bob Bly nodding his head!)

I have my own ideas about the value of blogging. But I'm saving them for an article ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment