Sunday, March 12, 2006

Do You Make This Mistake in Copywriting?

I started to send an email to a friend the other week and saw it got flagged:
"Thunderbird thinks this message might be an email scam."
My own program thinks I'm a scam artist! How sharper than a serpent's tooth! Email has become a minefield for copywriters. Especially old mail order copywriters like me.

Seems I'm not the only one, though. Tonight I just got this follow-up email from Chris Marlow's Freelancer's Business Bulletin:
"Dear Subscriber,

A few days ago I sent you the email letter below, but what a mistake I made in the subject line!

My subject line was 'A time sensitive message from Chris' and many of my subscribers' ISPs rejected the email as spam!

My newsletter email blasts have a very low 'spam rating' but not with this one...even my OWN ISP didn't let my email through. (I was wondering how I dropped off my own database :)

So if you DID receive my announcement of Clayton Makepeace's and Bob Bly's upcoming teleseminar, I apologize for sending this email message again...

But at least you learned, as I did, to never put the words 'time sensitive' in a subject line!"

No comments:

Post a Comment