Monday, February 06, 2006

Blog PR--With or Without a Blog

Whether or not you have your own blog, you can still use blogs to promote your business.

A case in point: I recently ran a blog PR campaign in association with Steve O'Keefe for Wiley Publishing, to promote Alan Dershowitz's new book The Case for Peace.

I contacted 34 Jewish-interest blogs (plus two sites that I thought were mission-critical even though they aren't blogs). For each blog, I commented on a relevant post. Where I thought it was inappropriate--or potentially incendiary--to intrude with a comment, I sent a pitch letter to the blogmaster offering a free review copy. Most of the blogmasters wrote asking for copies. And (thank Heaven) no flames!

You can see some of the results if you Google "dershowitz peace mordechai schiller".

No comments:

Post a Comment